October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please join us in helping to spread awareness across the world. We went pink to Support the Fighters, Admire the Survivors, Honor the Taken, and to never give up hope. If you would like to become involved by either volunteering, or by donating, visit:
Oklahoma Project Woman is a statewide comprehensive program providing free mammograms, diagnostic procedures and surgical services for Oklahomans with no health insurance and limited financial resources. OPW is a collaborative effort linking multiple breast healthcare institutions to Oklahomans who may not be able to afford appropriate medical care.
The organization fills a unique niche in the state by providing access to uninsured, low income Oklahomans to a comprehensive clinical program. An individual can move seamlessly through our program by having a clinical breast exam, mammography, and if necessary, a diagnostic procedure and possible surgery.
Breast healthcare has been made possible by a grant from Susan G. Komen Tulsa and the American Breast Cancer Foundation, as well as other foundations, private donations and fundraisers.
If you’d like to support Oklahomans facing breast cancer, donate online or find a fundraiser near you.
Komen Oklahoma has a vision for a world without breast cancer. Their mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in the communities across all 77 Oklahoma counties and invest in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. Their goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026.
Through events like the Komen Tulsa Race for the Cure® in Tulsa and the MORE THAN PINK™ Walk in Oklahoma City, Komen Oklahoma invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.See all videos